Select a Revue: 

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Movies en France

Clearly the key to seeing movies in France is seeing them "version originale," as in watching them in English--because trust me, there is nothing worse than hearing "Je m'appelle Bond, James Bond." I love France and all, but a part of me died that day, so I'm anxious to get home and watch something horrifically American like Alien vs Predator or something along those lines. Anyway, while I did see Spiderman 3 (or "speedermahn twahh" as I now think of it) and various other movies, my husband and I have been keeping a non-movies related blog about our half-year here in France if anyone is interested: http://seevooplay.blogspot.com

I just watched Zodiac yesterday (in English so I could actually follow the story), so I'm thinking of posting a review--but honestly, only the non-crappy American movies make it out here, so I have a feeling that the review won't be quite so interesting to read (blah blah blah it's really great). I should really think about changing Hoosier Review to be "I watch crappy movies so you don't have to," even if it means watching "Little Man" and "In the Mix." Isn't it awesome that I don't even know what the crappy movies being released in the US right now are?

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I am of the unshakeable opinion that if one searches long enough, if one probes deep within, if one is willing to gaze, fearlessly, into the soul of any movie, then you will find crap.

For example, I am yet to see 'Zodiac' and, if I continue to choose to watch movies based purely upon their alphabetical order, I may never get to do so. Right now, I'm stuck at 'Amelie'.

Regardless, this is clearly a flaw in 'Zodiac'. I'm sure there are others. I urge you to fossick for them and let us know.

Merci.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger David Amulet said...

Nice to see you back here again!

Perhaps you could post short pieces about the funny/awkward moments in the films you see-how DOES the dubbing process alter each movie and make it comical from your perspective?

As for Bond, don't let any piece of you pass away today because of French over-dubbing. Die another day.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home